Work Force Training Certificates
- Assist students with career and education planning.
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire workforce training certificates that will be recognized by employers.
- Introduce students to a career or career sector, and the type of work involved in that career or career sector, through hands-on experience.
- Enhance students’ existing interest in trades, technology, or other career areas.
- Enhance students’ existing job-readiness skills, or provide opportunities for the development of new skills.
- Assist students, including students in Youth Work in Trades (WRK), in finding employment or employer sponsors, or retaining employment/employer sponsors.
- Allow students to satisfy the Applied Skills and/or Fine Arts 10, 11, or 12 graduation requirements under the 2004 Graduation Requirements.
- WTC12 is expected to help provide students with smooth transitions from school to work, and to help prepare students to enter the world of work with the skills, attitudes, and sense of responsibility necessary to be successful.
- 16 yrs. +
- Full Day Attendance (Location TBD).
- Advertised through Careers Office / School Announcements.
- Full Day Attendance - Glacier View School
- Advertised through Careers Office/School Announcements.
- 3 different levels
- Many certifications are covered (WHMIS, Fall Protection, Ladder/Scaffolding, Confined Spaces, Forklift, etc)
- See your Careers Office for an application
Service/Tourism Industry Certifications (Currently being designed - Fall 2019)
- Will consist of several service industry certifications
- Runs out of Glacierview
- See your Careers Office for more information and to express interest
Job Readiness:The Job Readiness Certificate helps prepare students for employment through a combination of classroom instruction and practical activities over a 3 or 5 day workshop. Some of the topics covered include:
- 'Life Skills' (dress, hygiene, etiquette)
- Identification of skills, attributes and core competencies
- How/where to look for a job
- Resume and cover letter writing
- WorksafeBC (rights and responsibilities of employers and employees)
- Employment Standards Act
- Financial planning
- Interview Skills
- Success in the workplace
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution
(Based on Demand)